Thread: Will not power up again

CEBlackburn Guest

Default Will not power up again

Does the CompuCarve have an internal fuse? I ordered my machine online, it arrived yesterday. I was able to turn it on and obtain serial #, etc… last night. Today, it will not power up. We tested the plug, polarity, cover (we can hear the sensor click when closing). We called Sears, who in turn gave us a number for CarveWright; after 30 minutes on hold (and their closing time approaching), I figured I would post to see if there is anything I can do. Thanks

Is the memory card installed?
    Placed 1st and 3rd in the 2011 Desert Woodcarvers Show

www.customwoodcarvingllc.com

Check the contrast button below the 0 on the kepad turn it both ways see if you get lcd
    "Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles." Red Skelton

I have 1.132 and previous versions back to 1.19 on standby

Please support Cystic Fibrosis

CEBlackburn Guest

Played with the contrast dial lastnight to set it so i could see and then twisted it a few times today still nothing.

Made a very simple file and saved it onto memory card, installed memory card, plugged in machine then switched to on position and still get nothing.

good ideas but im still drawing blanks. Hopefully it is something simple that i overlooked not an actual issue with the new machine

I don't think LHR was open today. I was on death hod for over an hour before giving up.
    Ken Rugaber
    South Milwaukee, WI (winter)
    Munising, MI (summer)
    Using designer 1.164
    My Website
    http://www.ruggybear.com/

Need to catalog your MPC and PTN files? I recommend FilePick
    http://www.rsbriggs.com/fp/index.html

Default Sears

Quote Originally Posted by CEBlackburn View Post
    Played with the contrast dial lastnight to set it so i could see and then twisted it a few times today still nothing.

Made a very simple file and saved it onto memory card, installed memory card, plugged in machine then switched to on position and still get nothing.

good ideas but im still drawing blanks. Hopefully it is something simple that i overlooked not an actual issue with the new machine
    It the Memory card is in the unit, it should power up. The colorful side of the card goes up.
    If turning the contrast does not bring anything on the screen, your unit is probably bad. I had one, from Sear's like that (bad out of the box).
    Your choices are to take it to Sear's repair and have them send it to the shop (It will take it about a month to be returned). You could ask for a replacement (since it was "Bad Out Of The Box), which will take some persuasion on your part, rather than a repair but no promise it will do any good.
    AskBud
    AskBud Downloads =>> CLICK HERE
    Lesson added
    7/15/2012 Titles begin with "2D-3D Build a Pattern-Part-3"

CW Vacuum Head Project =>> CLICK HERE
    AskBud Home Page =>> CLICK HERE <<=PC lessons or CW lessons

More than 1250 AskBud patterns
    vvv-CLICK BELOW-vvv
    http://store.carvewright.com/manufac...ufacturerid=29

I had the same problem, all Carvewright on monday, go through the testing that they will put you through to trouble shoot it and most likely it is the power supply, mine did the same thing. Easy fix, other then that you can take it back to Sears and get a new one and see what they say, get a new one, don't let them tell you to send it to Carvewright.

Rick
    Rick