Thread: Still getting CCM with 1.132

Default Still getting CCM with 1.132

The first two carves I've done with 1.132 and I still get Check Cut Motor within about 5 seconds after it starts carving.
    later Daniel
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

I have gotten that message a couple of random times and just hit enter and continued. It was a bit cooloer than normal in my shop at the time and usually co-incided with a board sensor error. After warming up a few more degrees no problem.
    If temp is not a question, there is always cleaning and checking for loose cables.
    Bill Brooks
    Henrico , VA
    Printer, Zymurgist, Carvehead
    Machine One - Version B, Carvetight upgrade and a Ringneck Blues Dust collector www.ringneckblues.com
    Machine Two - 5th Anniversary Version C, Rubber Belts and a Ringneck Blues Blues Dust collector

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Woodman View Post
    The first two carves I've done with 1.132 and I still get Check Cut Motor within about 5 seconds after it starts carving.
    later Daniel
    Dan,
    When I met with the rep that was doing the demo at our Lowes store, I asked him about the CCM message. He said it is nothing to worry about, it is either a loose rpm magnet or dirt in the cut motor. He said you can take it apart and check it, but he did not feel it that critical. He said just hit enter and go on. So that is what I have been doing and it seems to work ok.

Good luck
    Jeff

Jeff Corder

Yea Jeff
    I've been hitting enter for three years now.
    later Daniel

Dan mine does not do that but I keep getting power flucuation errors and stop after 2 new power supplies.
    "Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles." Red Skelton

I have 1.132 and previous versions back to 1.19 on standby

Please support Cystic Fibrosis

Not to change the subject or anything, but the power at my house must be bare minumum.For the 30 yrs. that I've lived here every time my funace or one of my tools comes on the lights dim. I have upgraded to a 200 amp box, all major tools are on seperate circuts etc. Maybe the electric co. needs to upgrade the tranformer or something.
    later Daniel

If they did not upgrade the entrance line when you upgrade the box then it could be the line or the transformer on the pole. Could also be corrosion on connectors in the disconnect outside or in the meter base. Sometimes just a good re tighten on the wire connectors all the way could fix it
    "Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles." Red Skelton

I have 1.132 and previous versions back to 1.19 on standby

Please support Cystic Fibrosis