Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with broken cutting bits

Thanks Michael. I was typing a quick response as I was limited on time. I just didn't want someone to get confused between using 'Select-Bit' and 'Cut-Path'. Didn't you cover this very subject in one if the Tips&Tricks?
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Birt View Post
    Thanks Michael. I was typing a quick response as I was limited on time. I just didn't want someone to get confused between using 'Select-Bit' and 'Cut-Path'. Didn't you cover this very subject in one if the Tips&Tricks?
    Yes - I think it was first mentioned in the Dec '07 issue, if I recall.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

question is if there is any changes in 1.132 that move the bit faster thus putting more stress on the bit? Any ideas on how I can try to prevent this?
    This is a good question and more to the point..

LG

Quote Originally Posted by liquidguitars View Post
    This is a good question and more to the point..

LG
    Yes indeed. I wonder if Tech Support could shed any light on that. I'm not aware of, or noticed, any speed change during cutout procedures as compared to previous versions. Seems to work like it always has.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

I have the same issue with the bits breaking. They break in the same spot in the same wood 3 times and it is always against the grain on the curve of an oval sign after the tab when the bit is being lowered into the work piece. I think the feed rate is messed up I have talked with Support and sent in my patterns for evaluation and I get the same answer " nothing wrong with the pattern"
    must be a loose bit or how I am inserting the cutting bit. my opion is that this is just an excuss and all the input on the forums are just a guess as to why this is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by dvel56 View Post
    I have the same issue with the bits breaking. They break in the same spot in the same wood 3 times and it is always against the grain on the curve of an oval sign after the tab when the bit is being lowered into the work piece. I think the feed rate is messed up I have talked with Support and sent in my patterns for evaluation and I get the same answer " nothing wrong with the pattern"
    must be a loose bit or how I am inserting the cutting bit. my opion is that this is just an excuss and all the input on the forums are just a guess as to why this is happening.
    Try setting your cutpath max depth to incremental depths (maybe 1/4" or 3/8") to see if that helps you prevent the bit breakage.

Please let us know how you make out.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

If I am following this right this is when you have gone to the CW put the card in and setting what pattern you want it ask if you would like for it to cut out the pattern.

When you turn the machine on it gets to project menu press 0,5,6,1 then you can use the up and down arrow key and it gives you four options for cut depth. you have Full depth .375, .250, .125 .. Now this is only in the latest software 1.132. Hopefully this helps
    "Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles." Red Skelton

I have 1.132 and previous versions back to 1.19 on standby

Please support Cystic Fibrosis

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbabear View Post
    If I am following this right this is when you have gone to the CW put the card in and setting what pattern you want it ask if you would like for it to cut out the pattern.

When you turn the machine on it gets to project menu press 0,5,6,1 then you can use the up and down arrow key and it gives you four options for cut depth. you have Full depth .375, .250, .125 .. Now this is only in the latest software 1.132. Hopefully this helps
    No, Bubbabear. What we're talking about is using the Cut Out Control Menu within Designer. Offers complete control over individual cut paths. That feature was added in version 1.131 and "changed the world" of how CarveWright User's can have control over their cut paths like never before.

Please read the ISSUE 12 September 2008 – Designer 1.131 New Feature Highlights for details on how this works.
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 01-16-2009 at 02:09 PM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Sorry Michael that is what ever one thought I was talking about when I had the problem I was having. But it was the one that is fixed with 1.132 so I thought I would mention it
    "Our principles are the springs of our actions. Our actions, the springs of our happiness or misery. Too much care, therefore, cannot be taken in forming our principles." Red Skelton

I have 1.132 and previous versions back to 1.19 on standby

Please support Cystic Fibrosis

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbabear View Post
    Sorry Michael that is what ever one thought I was talking about when I had the problem I was having. But it was the one that is fixed with 1.132 so I thought I would mention it
    Oh - - yes. You're talking about the "cut board to size" at the machine. My apologies! That's a completely different function. Sorry if I added to anyone's confusion!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast