Introducing Designer 3.0
What was added with Designer 3.0?
- New Make Vector Group for v-carving effect.
- New Materials for adding from selection of effects or customize your own.
- New Patterns along a Trajectory similar to Text along a Trajectory.
Designer 3.0 is available as an upgrade from 2.0 to 3.0 ($200) or as a Full License ($300) for those going from 1.187 to 3.0.
See attachment for more information on the use of these tools:
Designer 3.0 includes all of the features introduced in 2.0.
Designer 3.0 was a major software rewrite that was introduced in July 2014 as an upgrade option. While maintaining the same familiar look and feel, ease of use and features of it's earlier versions, the underlying architecture of Designer 2 was rewritten to allow future features that were not possible before.
Included with Designer 2.0 & now 3.0, are these new features:
- Flow text around lines, curves, and arcs
- Bend and warp both text and patterns
- Lithophane previewer (OpenGL 2.1 or higher required)
- Project view now available in both portrait and landscape
- Preview patterns, projects, and libraries before you load them
- Text displayed on the board while you type
- Improvements to Centerline algorithms make cutting faster & cleaner (Centerline is an available advanced feature that is not included in 2.0)
- Puffing is now available to use on Raster Text (3d Pattern Modeling Suite is required and not included in 2.0)
- All registered licenses from Designer 1.XX will still work in 2.0
- Deep Carving is now available in version 2.004 (long bits required)
- With the purchased add-on, you can use Rotary software (purchase required)
Originally introduced in 2006 as the proprietary software for use with the CarveWright System, Project Designer software is as full featured and powerful as many much more expensive applications available. Since that time, LHR has provided customers with free updates and options for advanced features such as Centerline Text, Conforming Vectors, Keyhole Function, DXF & STL Importers, Vector Drawing & Pattern Modeling Suites.
Rather than being forced to purchase all of the software at once, customers are able to add only those advanced features they need and grow their system as their skill levels and project requirements necessitate. This building-block pricing structure means you can get started with very little investment and take advantage of LHR's many sales throughout the year.
More information about Designer 2.0 or 3.0, videos, Step-by-step Tutorials, FAQs and installation instructions, are available at www.carvewright.com