PDA

View Full Version : 2D Toolbar not showing up

SharonB
07-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Just getting around to playing with the new 2D-3D software. The 2D toolbar does not show up and/or is not listed under view-toolbars.

But on screen I seem to have 2 copies of the 3D tools... #1 includes (Puff, Extrude, Revolve, Sweep: Rounded, Tilt. # 2) Puff, Extrude, Revolve, Sweep: Rounded, Flip Feather, Sweep: Corner, Place Tabs.

I did license both 2-D and 3D.

Edit: Checking future the only tools that I find not showing up on screen (but showing up in the View "available" list) are the path offset and the smart spline. And, if I remove the above #1 selection I lose the tilt tool from on screen.

AskBud
07-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Just getting around to playing with the new 2D-3D software. The 2D tool bar does not show up and/or is not listed under view-tool bars.

But on screen I seem to have 2 copies of the 3D tools... #1 includes (Puff, Extrude, Revolve, Sweep: Rounded, Tilt. # 2) Puff, Extrude, Revolve, Sweep: Rounded, Flip Feather, Sweep: Corner, Place Tabs.

I did license both 2-D and 3D.

Edit: Checking future the only tools that I find not showing up on screen (but showing up in the View "available" list) are the path offset and the smart spline. And, if I remove the above #1 selection I lose the tilt tool from on screen.You are correct!
Probably got the 2nd 3D by your right click, in the tool bar section and checking the selection (mine appeared on the left of my screen). The 3D software, by default, place most of the option in the tool bar section on start-up. 2D package did the same, but were more intermixed in the tool bar (Coder's choice/direction).

You may un-check the 2nd 3D selection you made, unless you like it, and as with all Tool Options you may bring into or move any specific option as you wish.
AskBud

SharonB
07-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Thanks Bud... I will try that. But shouldn't the 2D Toolbar option show up under view? I did remove the first 3D toolbar set but now how do I get the Tilt icon to show? And I need to have the path offset and the smart spline to also show onscreen.

TerryT
07-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Sharon if you have windows 7 you may have to restart designer to get the 2d tools.

ladjr
07-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Mine showed on the left side of screen. I don't have anything in tool bar either

liquidguitars
07-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Also if that does not work you can go the the menue , view, toolbars, customize, and reset all menues...

SharonB
07-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Terry and everyone.... A person can sure learn alot between this forum and taking the time to READ. I never realize just how much you could personlize the toolbar until today and trying to get those two items to show up on the screen. And all I had to do was drag them from one menu to the other...dah! Now, I think I'll see how much I can learn playing with the new software. Thanks.

chief2007
10-20-2012, 06:14 AM
This maybe a silly question, but Does is Demo version on the 2d toolbar not show up in designer? - Have the 1.186 version loaded but no sign of the Demo Import trace image tool and the 2d is not listed in the view toolbar.

lynnfrwd
10-20-2012, 07:41 AM
No demo available for 2D suite. Can't protect it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chief2007
10-20-2012, 09:14 AM
That explains it - ok on the list for my next purchase